NCBE COVID-19 UPDATES
NCBE continues to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. The health and safety of bar applicants and of our employees and volunteers are of paramount importance to us. We will continue to update our COVID-19 pages as new information becomes available.
- Jurisdiction announcements about changes regarding the July 2021 bar exam: July 2021 Bar Exam: Jurisdiction Information
- Past NCBE COVID-19 updates: Past NCBE COVID-19 Updates
- Answers to frequently asked questions: NCBE COVID-19 FAQs
- NCBE's white paper: Bar Admissions During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Evaluating Options for the Class of 2020
- Jurisdiction announcements about changes regarding the February 2021 bar exam: February 2021 Bar Exam: Jurisdiction Information
- Jurisdiction announcements about changes regarding the July 2020 bar exam: July 2020 Bar Exam: Jurisdiction Information
February 2, 2021, 3:00 pm (CST)
NCBE Announces Remote Option for July 2021 Bar Exam
NCBE today announced that it will again offer jurisdictions the option to administer the bar exam remotely in July 2021 to help address health concerns associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and provide support for future legal professionals. Despite progress toward widespread vaccination against COVID-19, NCBE recognizes that restrictions may still be in place this summer that would prevent jurisdictions from being able to offer an in-person exam in July.
As it did for the February 2021 exam, NCBE will make a full set of bar exam materials available for remote administration in July on the same dates as the in-person administration (July 27–28, 2021). Each jurisdiction will select which delivery mode it will use for its administration.
In addition to supplying secure, high-quality exam content, NCBE will equate the MBE, calculate scaled scores for the written components, and provide UBE and MBE score transfer services for both the in-person and the remote administrations.
Additional details will be announced in the coming weeks.