Technology Services Specialist
The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), a nonprofit organization, is seeking to fill the position of Technology Services Specialist. NCBE offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great work environment. NCBE seeks applicants who are enthusiastic and who have a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills. NCBE is an equal opportunity employer.
This position provides professional technical services and end-user support on a wide array of systems and software applications via telephonic, electronic, and in-person contact. The Technology Services Specialist performs IT support tasks using strong customer service, troubleshooting, and documentation skills. This position requires the ability to work with users and assist them in their use of technology. Work is performed under the supervision of the IT Manager of Infrastructure.
General Help Desk support for external users
Perform Help Desk telephone and email support for users of our public facing web applications. Resolve issues which primarily relate to account creation, account management, and application use. Use established guidelines and own judgment in determining priority of each call and identifying issues that require escalation. Maintain records of support and update Help Desk documentation as needed.
General Help Desk support for internal users
Perform Help Desk support for fellow NCBE users at our Madison, Wisconsin office. Resolve service requests related to account management, applications, and end user hardware. Supported applications include but not limited to MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Windows 10, and custom in-house applications. Perform general hardware support such as set up, maintenance, and updates of user workstations and peripherals.
- Manage inventory of occasional-use equipment such as laptops and projectors that are checked out on an “as needed” basis.
- Monitor and work incoming service requests to completion and escalate to development or engineering staff when appropriate.
- Manage supplies inventory.
- Evaluate new hardware/software solutions.
- Perform quality control testing as needed for internal or web-based applications.
- Suggest methods to enhance end user experience.
Education and experience required
- Associate degree in technical specialty or relevant work experience.
- Excellent customer service skills; effective oral and written communications, particularly in documenting work and communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Strong work ethic, professional, organized, and flexible; able to work independently to solve issues through self-directed research and troubleshooting.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Prior knowledge in MS-Office suite of applications and email software programs in general. Formal training and/or proven experience is preferred.
- Solid foundation of knowledge of PC hardware configuration and Windows operating systems.
- Fundamental understanding of Microsoft server administration, Active Directory, and network connectivity methods.
To be considered for an interview, submit a letter of interest and resume by June 24th to:
National Conference of Bar Examiners
Attn: Human Resources
302 South Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703