The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), a nonprofit organization, is seeking to fill the position of Developer. NCBE offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a great work environment. NCBE seeks applicants who are enthusiastic and who have a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills. NCBE is an equal opportunity employer.
Description and Responsibilities
This position requires the ability to work with users and assist them in their use of technology. Work is performed under the supervision of the IT Director.
- As part of a team assist in the design, development and maintenance of web applications for internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Document processes and features.
- Perform customer support for applications, software and hardware.
- Managing inventory of occasional use equipment such as notebooks and projectors that are checked out on an “as needed” basis.
- Monitor automated processes such as cron jobs.
- Provide support for systems, hardware and software employed by the National Conference.
- Document systems and development.
- Participate in design meetings with users.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent customer service skills, effective in oral and written communications particularly in documenting work and communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Strong work ethic, professional, organized, and flexible.
- Prior knowledge in MS-Office suite of applications and email software programs in general. Formal training and/or proven experience is preferred.
- 0–4 years’ experience in software development.
- Formal training and/or experience with one or more of the following: Java, Java Script, PHP.
- Experience with working in an agile team.
- Experience with unit testing, especially using test-driven or behavior-driven design.
- SQL, HTML, object oriented programming.
To be considered for an interview, submit resume, salary history, and a letter of interest to:
National Conference of Bar Examiners
Attn: Human Resources
302 South Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703