The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), a nonprofit organization, is seeking to fill the position of Business Analyst. NCBE offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, a 37.5 hour work week, and a great work environment.
NCBE seeks applicants who are enthusiastic and who have a strong work ethic and excellent organizational skills. NCBE is an equal opportunity employer.
The National Conference of Bar Examiners seeks a business analyst to join its software development team. The person in this position will join a team of senior software developers and quality assurance and project management experts to assure that internal and external systems meet business needs. This position will work with business units to fully define requirements and software specifications
necessary to ensure the success of technical projects for the organization. He/she may also have the opportunity to engage in process improvement efforts.
- Lead elicitation of business needs and requirements, typically in the form of user stories and use cases
- Develop and review functional requirements for assigned projects
- Review technical requirements to ensure that the goals of the projects are being met
- Ensure that business requirements are managed, tracked and updated properly
- Participate in the development of testing plans and scenarios
- Document workflow and processes
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Perform some quality assurance testing. Training will be provided as needed.
- Perform some project management. Training will be provided as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with functional and technical users to define business needs and process changes
- Three years performing business analyst‐type work with at least some of the following knowledge, understanding and/or experience:
- Software development life cycle
- The development of business and/or functional software requirements
- The ability to present and explain complex technical topics, problems, and alternative solutions to others
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and timemanagement skills
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technical subjects and tasks
- Experience in business process design and re‐engineering
- Experience with testing techniques
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the following:
- Data transfer/system integration
- MS Office Suite
- MS Visio
- Project management software
You will thrive in the work environment if you:
- Can work autonomously as well as with a team
- Can engage stakeholders with varying levels of understanding and expertise
- Enjoy working with a team of very talented, senior‐level software developers
- Bring humor and humility to your work
This is an on‐site position, located near downtown Madison, close to several bus routes and the bike path. NCBE offers a full suite of benefits including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan match, paid holidays and sick leave, and free onsite parking or bus pass assistance. Salary commensurate with experience.
To be considered for an interview, submit a letter of interest and resume by May 25, 2018, to:
National Conference of Bar Examiners
302 South Bedford Street
Madison, WI 53703-3622