MPRE Score Services
NCBE offers three MPRE score services:
- score reports to jurisdictions,
- score releases to examinees, and
- score verifications (rechecking of answer sheet).
All MPRE score services requests must be submitted through the examinee’s NCBE account. Examinees can create an NCBE account at www.ncbex.org/ncbe-number. Examinees who test in 2013 (or later) are required to create an NCBE account to register for the MPRE and should log in to their existing NCBE account at www.ncbex.org/ncbe-number.
NCBE will not accept or process MPRE score services requests until after the examination. Any questions about admission requirements pertaining to MPRE scores should be directed to the bar admission agency in the jurisdiction to which an examinee is applying. Contact information for jurisdictions can be found in the Bar Admission Offices Directory on the home page.
Examinees who registered online for the MPRE receive their MPRE scores posted on their NCBE accounts approximately five weeks after the examination. Scores remain posted on NCBE accounts only until the next MPRE test date. It is the responsibility of the examinee to contact NCBE at 608-280-8550 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if he or she encounters difficulties with online access or does not receive the score report within six weeks of the examination.
- MPRE Score Reports: NCBE reports MPRE scores to the jurisdiction designated by the examinee in registration for the MPRE approximately five weeks after the examination. Examinees who would like to have their MPRE scores sent to other jurisdictions must submit a request to NCBE for a score report. Score reports are sent to jurisdictions by mail.
- MPRE Score Releases: Examinees who need a replacement copy of their MPRE scores after the scores are no longer available on their NCBE accounts must submit a request to NCBE for a score release. Score releases cannot be requested until scores are no longer available on examinees' NCBE accounts. Score releases do not contain any additional information and are duplicative of score information provided following the exam. Score releases are posted to the File Cabinet in the examinee's NCBE account and are not sent by mail.
- MPRE Score Verifications: Examinees who would like the scoring of their MPRE answer sheets rechecked by hand may request a score verification. Score verification requests must be submitted to NCBE within two months of the original test date. Score verifications are posted to the File Cabinet in the examinee's NCBE account and are not sent by mail.
Ordinarily, MPRE score reports and score releases are processed the next business day after receipt of payment. MPRE score reports are not processed until after MPRE scores have been released to examinees on their NCBE accounts. MPRE score verifications may take six to eight weeks to process.
Maximum Age of Scores
NCBE performs score services only for MPRE scaled scores earned in 1999 or later. For scores before 1999, examinees must retake the exam unless the jurisdiction to which they are seeking admission will accept an older score directly from the examinee or from another jurisdiction. Contact information for jurisdictions can be found on the Bar Admission Offices Directory on the home page.
Identifying Examinees’ MPRE Scores
Examinees must complete all required fields in the MPRE Score Services Request Form. Additionally, examinees must have provided sufficient biographic information on their MPRE answer sheets to identify their scores at the time they tested. NCBE may refuse to provide MPRE score services if the examinee’s score cannot be identified with confidence.
A $25 fee is required for each transaction. Each score report, score release, or score verification is considered a separate transaction. This fee may be paid online by credit card (MasterCard or Visa only). Payment by check must be mailed to NCBE with a printout of the confirmation page at the end of the MPRE Score Services Request Form and may significantly delay the processing of score services. No score services will be performed until credit card information is processed or until a check is received with a printout of the confirmation page. Refunds will not be provided for any reason. It is the examinee’s responsibility to read these instructions carefully before requesting any score services and to verify that he or she has provided the correct information.
- Introduction to the MPRE
- Overview of the MPRE
- Preparing for the MPRE
- Test Dates, Deadlines, and Fees
- Register for the MPRE
- ADA Testing Accommodations
- Admission Tickets and Test Centers
- MPRE Test Day Policies
- MPRE Score Services
- FAQs - MPRE